- March 7, 2018
- Posted by: David
- Category: Uncategorized
The most popular style of roofing materials used on homes in Chattanooga is metal. Metal roofs are not only beautiful but last a very long time. There are plenty of color choices to fit the style of your home as well. That’s why Roofing Chattanooga shares professional recommendations on the best ways to repair metal roof covering, consisting of DIY metal roofing system inspection tips and information on ways to seal leaks as well and joints.
But if you need professional help immediately – better contact Roofing Chattanooga pros!
Although metal roofs are very long lasting with the expected lifespan from 30 to 40 years, because of storm damages, corrosion, or expansion and contraction of the metal from time to time they require inspection and repair.
Prior to repairing the roof yourself, investigate whether you have any kind of documents on the initial purchase of your roof covering– the warranty may cover some or all the repair service expenses. To find out more on how to use the maximum of your roof warranty, check our previous posts.
Metal Roof Repair Guide
If the damage is fairly large, you could change a whole area of the roofing. Yet do not delve into this as a do-it-yourselfer unless you have experience with working with this sort of roof. Every material has its own characteristics and peculiarities in repair, so contact the company with appropriate specialization.
You can, however, manage certain small repair work. Here are some ideas for basic inspection, upkeep, and small repairs:
1. Look for loose nails. Pull and re-nail them.
2. Look for openings, corrosion spots, or various other indicators of deterioration. If you discover any red flags like these, eliminate rust with a wire brush and/or steel wool. After that prime the surface area with a metal primer and follow-up with a leading layer to match the shade of the roof covering. A wide selection of metal spray paint colors can be found in an auto parts store.
3. Seal up leaks. You can do this in several ways. One of them is to use urethane roof cement, which has stronger protection versus ultraviolet rays than typical asphalt or plastic roof covering cement. Using a putty knife, smoothly spread it over the opening or damaged area. One more choice is to utilize a self-stick waterproof flashing membrane layer. Both urethane roofing system cement and waterproof flashing membrane layer will certainly deteriorate in time and also require substitute.
4. If required, reseal all joints and also sides along the flashing making use of a urethane roofing cement.
5. Replace flashing that are seriously damaged; for this, call a metal roof covering repair service specialists.
It’s critically important that you hire an experienced professional roofer that knows how to detail with different materials. Be cautious of engaging a company that is running a scam. Always check the companies by asking to see their certificates and checking out testimonies.
At Roofing Chattanooga, we have 50+ years of combined experience to ensure the job is completed correctly the first time. We provide quality metal roofing installations to our clients every time. We have the most skilled installation team to ensure your metal roof lasts as long as possible. Call us today to discuss our metal roof maintenance program!