local roof repair company - ready to be there when you need us most
Does this sound familiar? Someone fixed your roof when it was leaking, but yet again, you have water coming through the ceiling? 60% of the roofing repairs work we handle at Roofing Chattanooga consist of fixing other contractor’s poor work. Don’t make the mistake of hiring a roofing company based on their price alone. In the long run, it will end up costing you more money and stress.
Our services are provided with the reassurance that we are dedicated to providing excellent customer service and workmanship. Having been customers ourselves, we know exactly what it takes to make our customers happy! We know that when we perform quality work for you, we will gain a customer for life!
We separate ourselves from other contractors by providing independent roof consultants who are specialists, true experts in their field. We do not employ “7/11 roofers”. We have supervisors who are dedicated to supervising, inspection and quality control. This has made us the leader in residential roofing in Chattanooga area and Eastern Tennessee.
60% of the repair work we do at Roofing Chattanooga includes fixing other contractor’s poor work.
How do I know if my leaking roof needs to be repaired or replaced
The quickest and easiest way to determine the state of your roof is to call a roofing contractor for an inspection. You don’t always need to pay to have someone do periodic checkups. Simply because you find signs of wear does not necessarily mean your roof will need to be replaced. It could just be in need of some repairs. Roofing repairs have the potential to extend the life of your roof. A well-done asphalt shingle roof should last at least 20 to 30 years, especially when it has been maintained by knowledgeable professionals. If it has been a while since you last examined your roof, or your roof is old/damaged enough to where replacement is the only option, it is best to get the work done before any additional damage is done to the interior of your home. A brand new roof is definitely not cheap by any stretch of the imagination, but it’s a necessary investment in your home.
After a storm how do you know if you have damage and need repairs
Telltale signs that your home needs a new roof from looking on the inside.
- Light shining in from outside – This is the most obvious way to know that you’re in need of a new roof. If there is light shining inside of your home from outside, it needs to be addressed immediately. If there’s room for light to come in, that means that moisture can come in as well as unwanted visitors from outside.
- Sagging Areas – If you notice a sag in your roof, this is a good indicator that it is probably time for a new one. Sagging is a telltale indication of structural issues. This could be due to pressure from the outside or from moisture damage to the wood that your roof is made of.
- Dark Spots or Trails – Dark areas and trails are another indication that moisture is penetrating your roof. With this, there is a great chance that the moisture is creating mold in the process. Moisture will eventually cause larger problems, with your roof as well as the interior of your home.
- Leaks or Water Damage – If you are able to see a leak or visible water damage, it is definitely time to call in a roofing repair company. Water causes extensive damage, and it is very important to repair any leaks as soon as possible.
Here are signs you need a new roof from looking on the outside.
- Look for Damage – Major damage to the roof should be relatively obvious. Shingles will split, crack and warp if they get too old, and tile will break if it has been damaged by hail or limbs. If your roof is older and there is also visible damage, there is a good chance you will need a new roof.
- Look for Moisture Problems – Mold and other moisture related problems could cause just as much damage outside of your home as inside. One bad shingle can allow moisture to linger instead of shedding it down the roof as shingles are intended to do. Remember that water will flow down so you may need to start tracking the issue higher up.
- Shingle Granules – As shingles age, they begin to shed more and more granules. If they are getting too old, you could possibly start to find excessive amounts of granules in your gutters. Discovering bits of your roof in the gutters another great way to tell it is probably time for a new roof sooner rather than later.
- Look for Wear – Roofing materials tend to deteriorate over time around chimneys and vents, be sure to keep an eye out for any issues in these areas.
- Check Your Drainage – Your gutters and downspouts are a very important part of your home. They should be cleaned a few times a year. Verify that they are attached properly and that water is flowing where it should be.
Common types of roofs that can be repaired
Metal roofs are very durable and energy efficient. Due to storm damage, rust, or expansion and contraction of the metal, they do occasionally need repair.
Slate roof shingles are known to have the longest lifespan available on the market today. Localized issues in a slate roof may still require repair.
If you have a flat roof, chances are that you have already had to deal with leaks. These roofs don’t have a very long lifespan and require frequent repair.
Asphalt roof shingles are the most common roofing material we see in Chattanooga. Due to the cost efficiency and color selection, it’s typically the first choice. Asphalt shingles can be repaired if an issue arises.
Commercial or Rubber
We specialize in low slope roofing systems including EPDM, thermoplastics (TPO and PVC), built-up, modified bitumen, metal, and various roof coatings.
Concrete or clay roof tiles can come in many shapes. These tiles typically have a very long life span, but do occasionally need to be repaired.